Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Blues

Today was a tearful day.

I don't know what's wrong with me. All day all I have been able to think about is how I don't want my little boy to grow up. I love him. I love how tiny and precious he is. I love how much he needs his mommy. I love how floppy and soft he is. Where I can put him in any position and he stays there.

It breaks my heart to think about him ever getting hurt. Or tainted by the world. There is so much evil out there and right now he is so close to his heavenly father. I feel like everyday he grows a little farther from his innocence.

I know that's ridiculous, he is only 1 week old. But I never want him to hurt. I don't want the world to break my sweet angel boy. He is too perfect.

My mom left today (bad timing with this emotional mama.) I was sad to see her go. Nervous and excited to start the real journey.

Scary! So now Colt and I are on our own. This is it!

We had friends over tonight. Pizza, brownies, the works! We visited with them, ate and passed baby around. We both showered. Cleaned the kitchen. Watched some Netflix. Changed and fed Tai (multiple times) and are now snuggled in bed. So I think we are going to do alright.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary I promise it gets easier. I was worried all the time after I had olive. I would Stay up all night worrying that something bad would happen to her:( (I have OCD) my compulsive worrying got so bad I had to get on medication to help calm me down bc I was getting way to emotional. Everything changes when you become a parent. Now you have a little on to worry about. It's only natural and you'll learn to relax over time :)

    ReplyDelete