Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Looking Back...

With November ending I just want to express a little bit of gratitude.

I'm grateful for my family. Who first and foremost has supported me, loved me and guided me through a time that has been very, very difficult for me. In a few short months I was thrown into married life, living with a man, being a mom, paying bills. I had to think about things like health and car insurance, maternity leave, budgets and making a home for myself and a family. I learned to prepare real meals, and keep myself healthy, and go through the day to day trials of combining two lives, and making room for a third one.

I faced the criticism and judgement of so many people. I disappointed a lot of people. I constantly hear people saying they wanted better for me, or that I won't be happy if I don't do things a specific way. But this is my reality now. I can't turn back. I can't change anything. Colton and I have chosen to walk hand in hand, as a family, even if we didn't do the steps in the right order, we are taking the steps.

I am so grateful for Colton. I have never loved, appreciated or respected him as much as I do every single day we take this journey together. He goes to work 12 hours a day, comes home and cleans the house and makes sure I am comfortable and happy. He takes time out of his busy schedule to go grocery shopping with me, make every doctors appointment and date night. He is always bringing me little treats, or offering to brush my hair when I'm having a rough night. He is there in an instant if I call him. Always asking if I need a snack, or some cold water, or a hug. I have watched him transform from a selfish boy, to a strong man who loves his family and his son more than words could ever describe. I could not do this without him. I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. I am so proud of the person that he has become.

I am grateful for my friends. Every person who has supported me, lended a hand, and made me feel unconditional love through this journey. I didn't need people's judgements, or to have them tell me what they would have wanted for me. I didn't need anyone's pity. I just needed acceptance, and support, and love. I chose my path. I chose my future. And I'm at peace with it. I know that I have a good man by my side, a sweet little boy on the way, and a home that he will be loved, protected and cherished in.

After all is said and done, we took a harder road, but we are doing it hand and hand. We are ecstatic. We are anxious. And we are learning. But above all we love. We love each other. We love Tai. We love where we are at in our lives. And we love every single one of you for helping us through this, and accepting us.

Thank you, so so much.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute and touching post Mary! I'm so excited for you, even if it is a little out of order from what most people would prefer.. having a baby, falling in love, all of that is just so exciting! Congrats on it all! Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy!

    ReplyDelete