Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Tai.

Dear Tai,

Currently, you are sitting right inside mommy's ribs. Your dad keeps telling you to "knock it off" but you just wiggle at the sound of his voice. I don't think you understand english quite yet ;) You have so many clothes, little guy. Your dad brings them home from who knows where, he is constantly telling people about you, and then they give us their baby stuff. He keeps coming home with baby shoes, I don't think he understands that you won't really like wearing shoes. He displays every single pair on a little shelf, right next to a picture of you and a little pair of mittens. I try telling him that you won't even fit into half the shoes for a long time, but that doesn't really seem to phase him. Same as when he tells me about your Jiu Jitsu training, and the video games you will play together, and the tv shows you will like. I have to get him used to the idea that before you become a big tough guy, you are just gonna want to be a little cuddle bug. I think he's okay with that.

We went to our neighbors house the other night, they just had a little baby girl named Jenna. Your daddy held her in his arms and played with her little hands and she fell right asleep on his chest. He came home so excited to meet you, and we are both wondering what you will look like. I think you will end up looking just like him, and I hope you get his blue eyes. Your daddy says he wants you to look like me, and that he hopes you have the same temperament as me. Otherwise I am in for some trouble! Two boys always ganging up on mom, not fair!

I don't mind either way, your dad has such a good attitude about everything, it is a blessing. He is constantly opening the door to your room and peeking at your clothes. He always holds your little socks, and talks about you. In the middle of the night he will wake up and rub my tummy and talk to you, it's the first thing he does in the morning and the last thing he does at night. Everywhere we go he points out little babies, and tells people he is going to be a daddy soon. He is very territorial about you, he doesn't want anyone sleeping in your room or touching your stuff. I suggested we use your room as a guest room, and let you sleep in the living room, because your room doesn't have a heater and is so cold, but daddy did NOT like that idea. He brought home a space heater and then started making a space for you in our room just in case.

He has been working a lot lately, with his new jobs, which makes being home pretty lonely. Luckily you have a lot of strength and constantly remind me that you are there. We can even see my belly moving around when you move. Daddy is just waiting for my belly button to pop out, he thinks its the coolest thing and checks every single morning for "progress." Meanwhile, dad is helping me do almost everything. It's rough even to shift from one side to another, or to get up from bed. He laughs and says "wow you look pregnant today." He thinks that is a great compliment.

We can't wait to meet you little guy, only 10 weeks to go. Daddy says you will come early, he just knows it. That worries me because everything he predicts about you comes true! So you prove him wrong, just this once and stay inside and grow. We love you and want you to stay healthy. But mom sure can't wait for her cuddle bug, and dad already feels left out :)

Love you baby boy.

Mom

1 comment:

  1. You write beautifully. Your little man is lucky to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete