Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Goal 2: Cook More Meals, And Eat Them As A Family

In keeping up with my resolution to blog more, and keep a better record of our family's year, I wanted to also add another goal of mine: more meals at home.

I am HORRIBLE at cooking dinner.
Let me rephrase that. I am a great cook. I just have no motivation.

I'm a working mom, so when I get home, I'm DONE for the day. I don't want to sit and cook for an hour.

Besides that, Colton is home a lot of the days that I work. He snacks all day, makes pancakes for breakfast for him and Tai, makes a big lunch, and by the time I get home, they aren't hungry. I usually get lunch with my coworkers, and snack the rest of the night/get fast food.

So that also limits my motivation. Why cook for myself?

Colton also has school almost every night, so by the time I get off work, he is packing to go to school, and I find myself {NOT} cooking for me and a toddler. (Let's be honest, most days toddlers don't eat anyways.)

On the rare night he does have off, I want to go out for date night, or go grocery shopping, or go do SOMETHING (Did I add we share one car, so I am trapped at home on my days off while he works, and trapped at home while he's at school.)

Anyways. All of this contributes to one major issue: We eat out. A lot. We rarely sit down for family dinner. We snack a lot.

Last night we had the Darnell's over for Sloppy Joes that I had made early that morning and simmered in the crockpot all day. We played Catan until both babies were ready for bed (at the ripe hour of 8 o clock.)

A big motivation for me to cook is how much Tai loves to eat my cooking. After 6 oranges (1 which he proudly peeled himself) and several pieces of candy (he has recently learned the sign language word for candy and it is hard to say no.) He still ate an entire sloppy joe.






No comments:

Post a Comment