Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Just throwing it out there.

Can I just throw it out there that I am sick of baby mama drama?

And no not the Maury kind.

The moms who talk crap on other moms to make themselves feel better drama.

Here is the thing. It's not your place. No one is a perfect parent, and to assume we aren't trying our very hardest is just no good.

Are you trying your hardest as a mom/dad/caretaker? Me too!

So who has the right to say I didn't breastfeed long enough? Or that I gave up or that I'm being lazy.

For anyone who thinks that, and is bored enough to gossip to my best friends: I was pumping more hours a day than I was doing anything else. I did it in the bathroom at work. I would pump while my baby cried. While he slept. While he ate. And I got hardly anything. I got 3 oz when he needed 8 and then i was pumping again. My milk was clear.

And no- you can't just create what your baby needs. I was actually taking MEDICINE to try and produce more. So how is it yours, or anyone else's, place to say you are disappointed in me giving up?

Screw you. Stop talking about my boobs.

While we are on the subject, I'm not being selfish, lazy or a bad parent by working. I'm doing what I have to.

If I was selfish I would sit on my butt and watch Vampire Diaries and eat Bon Bons and snuggle my baby.

Working is not selfish. It's completely unselfish. It's what I do to help my family. That's what my family needs.

So how about instead of talking bad about me, and everyone else's failure to parent as good as you, let's not.

Lets work on our own marriage, family, child rearing and decisions for ourselves.


Okay? Cool.

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, this probably wasn't meant for you. Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! People need to mind their own business! You just have to do what's best for you and forget everyone else! Good for you Mary!

    ReplyDelete