Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baby Shower #2

My wonderful mother in law (to be) Jana threw me a baby shower with Colton's side of the family.
It. Was. Amazing.
They held it in Colton's aunt Nakole's house (gorgeous drool worthy mansion) and the whole thing was divine

Jana outdid herself with the cutest decorations (chips in dump trucks and candies in pails, rubber ducky bath punch, amazing baby blue sugar cookies, spa water and great food.) 

I was amazed at how many people showed up to see our baby and celebrate with us, everyone was so kind.
I felt a little out of place because people I had never met were giving us amazing and beautiful gifts for our little boy, but I know they were there because they love Colton and will come to know me in time. 

My Favorite Presents:

This bedding set. I wanted it so so so badly! Colton's mom got it for us and I was beyond happy. We went home and I made Colton help me set it up at midnight that night. There is a little mobile with it that Tai just loves to watch and the whole room feels complete now. I love that it's pretty gender neutral too, so we can use it again if we want to.


We also got a Minky Couture Blanket. It is incredibly soft and I may have stolen it from Tai a couple times to enjoy it for myself...

We got a couple of our favorite books...




 A gorgeous highchair/seat.




And this gem that was a total surprise but that I really really wanted...(yup it's a baby food maker.)


Needless to say we were completely spoiled. We also got a lot of gift certificates and money for Colton's student loan (the best gift ever!) 

With the gift certificates we got Tai a car mirror, a bottle rack, a toy for his swing, and this bad boy (girl):


Her name is Sophie the Giraffe and she is supposedly the best teething toy out there. And hey, I was impressed, I wanted to chew on her myself honestly.

We bought Sophie at BuyBuyBaby in Draper, and if you haven't been there, keep it that way.
YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE. 
It literally is the baby version of Bed, Bath and Beyond. Floor to ceiling pacifiers, diaper bags and toys you didn't know you needed. I was dying in there.

Thank you to everyone who came and for all the diapers, wipes,  clothes, and love!
This little boy has everything he could ever need thanks to you.

(As a side note, it is great to have at least one baby shower (for different sides of the family) after baby is born, you get all the visits out in one day, and you actually know what you need and want.)

(Also our good friend Doralie made us a gorgeous Colton-Approved baby seat cover. I count this as a shower gift. She is like Martha Stewart or something...) (Thanks D.)


1 comment:

  1. Bahaha now I can't say no one has accused me of being Martha Stewart! I think my reputation is forever ruined ;) I am so glad you like it and that it is Colton approved! It was do good to see you 3 and I hope we can get together again soon. Ps I hear all babies looki like old men something about Winston Churchill...

    ReplyDelete