Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Cha Cha Cha Change.

We have big changes coming in our little family, and I've been pretty anxious about it.

I currently work in Provo and commute everyday from Heber. My company has recently built a brand new building in Lehi, and the company will be moving at the end of April. For a while now we have been battling the decision to potentially move to Lehi or to stay in Heber.
The New Building

The Cons of staying in Heber for me are a long commute and {even more} time away from my family. Colton also loves the idea of being in a bigger city. An MMA gym would be a huge plus for him, and he has family and friends that live closer to Lehi.

The Cons of moving to Lehi are that I don't like big cities and Lehi is quickly exploding. We would be a lot farther away from my family (and our built in babysitters Robin and Grace.) I love the small town feel of Heber, and being close to my parents and friends. I don't even mind the drive from Provo every day. (Thanks to my commute I recently finished the entire Harry Potter series on audio, and it was blissful.)

I have told myself that I wouldn't make a decision until I actually made the commute for a period of time, but I also am getting anxious. I feel like Lehi is really growing at a fast rate, and the house prices are skyrocketing. We are lucky to be in a position where we will be able to rent out our current house as an investment property, and buy a second home in Lehi. I am really excited about this possibility, but also anxious because it means finding good renters, and possibly having my beautiful Heber home thrashed.

All in all we have a lot of hard decisions to make, but I feel grateful everyday that we are in the position we are, and for an amazing job that is taking me (kicking and screaming) to Lehi.

2 comments:

  1. Lehi is growing so fast!! We live the sale paced life of small towns too but Lehi isn't too bad.... Yet that's great you could rent your home though and if you do that you could always decide to go back if you hate it. I'm so happy things are so good for you guys, you deserve all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lehi is growing so fast!! We live the sale paced life of small towns too but Lehi isn't too bad.... Yet that's great you could rent your home though and if you do that you could always decide to go back if you hate it. I'm so happy things are so good for you guys, you deserve all the best!!

    ReplyDelete