Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

One year!

He is one! My sweet, happy little boy is one.

And today, we all celebrated!

I keep flashing back to one year ago. I was finally awake after a bad C-section and holding my sweet baby against my chest. Nothing in the world could have made me sleep.

Today, he is wedged between Colton and I, considerably bigger ;) but still my sweet baby.

We had a great day. We woke up and went to Provo. Ate sushi. Went to the Disney Store. Mommy got some shirts and daddy got shoes. Everyone celebrated the achievement.

It is amazing how easy it has become-how second nature it is. There was no crazy packing. No breast pumps or spit up rags. He sat in a high chair, ate rice and beans off of a plate, and drank apple juice from a straw. He kept himself entertained with his new toy, and sat cross legged in his stroller-no baby car seat needed.

We loaded him into his new car seat-his own captains chair, and he put his pacifier in his mouth, laid his head to the side and slept, no screaming through the canyon or stopping for a bottle.

He took a shower with dad-sitting on the floor with toys and walked out to the kitchen to have mom dry him off.

He is so big an already so independent compared to the tiny baby I met one year ago.

We had a very fun party tonight, just to commemorate that we made it!

He had so many people stop by to see him, many leaving Toy Story themed toys (he got a full size Buzz Lightyear and a Woody.) He is so lucky and we are so blessed to have such good friends and family!

We love you little boy, you have made our life something amazing!













1 comment:

  1. O I am so sad we missed it! What a good looking little boy! I can't believe how fast he grew!

    ReplyDelete